Position Title: Real Estate Manager
Reports to: President and CEO
Date: June 2017
West Campus Development Trust
Are you a passionate and results-oriented Real Estate Manager who wants to be part of an exciting urban development that is changing the face of Calgary? The West Campus Development Trust (The Trust) is a small, independent organization created by the University of Calgary to lead the planning and development of one of Calgary’s most exciting inner city redevelopment sites called University District. The team is leading the development of 200 acres of land into a vibrant, sustainable mixed-use urban community that integrates with the University while harmonizing with the surrounding communities.
The Real Estate Manager is permanent full-time position which is fully responsible for managing the below duties for West Campus Development Trust under the guidance of the President & CEO. This position will focus first on the land leasing component of University District and transition to fulfill the duties described under the retail leasing. This will provide the Real Estate Manager with the necessary knowledge of the University District procurement process and lease to then transition to a focus on retail leasing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The duties of the Real Estate Manager are defined, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for providing the business case for the real estate program. This includes utilizing sales to date and market projections to determine future parcel releases and develop revenue projections.
- Lead the release of parcels of land for long-term lease. This includes development and execution of the Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposal processes to identify highest rated proponents.
- Lead in the delivery of the real-estate transactions. This includes the review and coordination of legal agreements for land for long-term lease and interface / coordination with selected purchasers.
- Participate in the delivery of the annual Business Plan in relation to the real estate program. Work with the team to identify links between scopes of work and timeline implications.
- Participate in the management of the Neighbourhood Association.
- Responsible for elements within the retail leasing program. This could include the identifying and establishing prospective tenants, review and coordination of the retail space leases with tenants (up to and including offers to lease, letters of intent, retail lease) administration of the CAM, participating or leading the retail space design on new blocks, development and solidification of Schedule C’s.
- Lead in coordinating and implementing the retail parking strategy.
- Participate in the delivery of the annual Business Plan in relation to the retail program. Work with the team to identify links between scopes of work and timeline implications.
- Oversee the retail property management administration.
- Oversee and lead the Retail Construction Project Manager.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven negotiation experience
- Project planning and solution-oriented problem-solving abilities
- Identification and mitigation of project risks
- Professional attitude and aptitude
- Excellent prioritization, organization and time management skills
- Maintains confidentiality and demonstrates sound judgment and impeccable discretion at all times
- Flexible and adaptable in responding to changing conditions
- Able to earn and retain respect in a team environment
- Contributes to a positive, values-based, work environment
- Ability to tactfully persist and influence to achieved desired results
- Highly resourceful, a self-starter
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- University degree in business, commerce or an real estate industry specific designation
- A minimum of 7 – 10 years post university work experience, the majority gained within the real estate area.
- Applicants should have leasing experience and land development experience is considered an asset.
The deadline to apply is June 20, 2017. If you are looking to be part of an award winning and leading organization, and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put "Application: Real Estate Manager (Your Name)" in the subject line. Note: only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. We are committed to workplace diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance.