Position Description: Project Co-Ordinator
Status: Full Time
Department: Construction and Property Management
Reports to: Senior Property Manager
Organization: West Campus Development Trust
West Campus Development Trust
Are you a positive, collaborative team oriented individual recognized for your strong problem solving and decision making skills? Are you regularly getting noticed for being flexible and adaptable to changing work demands, a multi-tasker, with a strong work ethic and problem solver? If that’s you, we want you on our growing team!
West Campus Development Trust is looking for a full time Project Co-Ordinator who will be responsible for managing various construction and tenant improvement projects to ensure they are delivered on time, within budget and meet the required quality standards of West Campus Development Trust. The scope includes retail, office and residential projects as well as providing support to the property management team.
Who We Are:
The West Campus Development Trust (the Trust) is a small, independent organization created by the University of Calgary to lead the planning and development of one of Calgary’s most exciting inner-city redevelopment sites. The Trust team is leading the development of 200 acres of land into a vibrant, sustainable mixed-use urban community that integrates with the University while harmonizing with the surrounding communities. In achieving this vision, the project will help support the University’s initiatives by providing an additional source of revenue that will be directed towards their endowment fund.
The Trust is seeking an experienced, hard working Project Co-Ordinator to work on behalf of the landlord to identify tenant requirements and assist with navigating construction projects by reviewing plans, obtaining permits and liaising with construction service providers. The role will require the individual to identify and analyze potential risks and recommend improvements as well as creating and maintaining project documentation, processes and procedures with a high degree of accuracy. An integral part of this position is to request and manage budgets and change orders for new construction and tenant fit out/renovation projects, and to co-ordinate work of project consultants, construction crews and other third party service providers (architects, designers, contractors, engineers, etc.) on construction and tenant improvement projects. The incumbent will actively participate in the development, preparation, execution and review of project plans, budgets and schedules and review tenant improvement plans and construction progress to ensure projects are within budget and on time. Attendance at on-site consultant meetings will be required. On-site presence is also required to ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed for new construction and tenant fit out/renovation projects, while also providing on site direction and supervision to promptly resolve any issues. Regular project status update reports will be required, as well as provision of ongoing support to the property management team, as required.
With an applicable post-secondary degree/diploma in Project Management, Construction, Engineering or a Professional Architectural Technologist Diploma, you will have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Manager in a similar role with a Landlord, Developer, Contractor, Retailer or a combination of these. The ideal applicant will have the following, but not limited to:
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in various software including AutoCAD, Blue Beam, Excel and Word.
- Extensive working knowledge of the construction process from start to finish.
- Able to read and understand contract specifications, construction plans, blueprints, drawings and other construction documents and contracts.
- Solid understanding of budgets, estimating, project planning, cost control and analytical reporting.
- Knowledge of LEED building and community objectives.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Able to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on timelines, quality or project deliverables.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer-service and results focused.
- Positive, collaborative and team-oriented attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work demands.
- Strong work ethic (dedicated and hardworking).
The deadline to apply is November 30, 2019. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put “Application: Project Co-Ordinator (Your Name)” in the subject line. Note: only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. We are committed to workplace diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance.